1-Header1-Header-1-11-Header-1-21-Header-1-31-Header-1-41-Header-1-51-Header-1-61-Header-1-71-Header-1-81-Header-1-9

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Whoa! It's been a while!

I've been hesitating writing a new post because so much has happened recently! I quickly got backed up on all the news that's been going on, then overwhelmed about making posts about it so I just...didn't. So, in order to get back on track, I'll give you all the Cliff Notes version of life recently, in chronological order:


1. We're engaged!! I started writing a really touching post about this. I may even finish it. Yes, after 5+ years we're finally engaged. :) Mr. 246 picked out the most perfect ring and proposed in the most perfect way. I can't wait to get married. (And to throw a wedding!) Two things I've learned already: I love wedding planning. Who knew weddings could be SO expensive?

2. Mr. 246 got a new job!! This job is seriously perfect. He'll be working with autistic toddlers at a behavioral center/school. It's part time (which is what we wanted) and he'll only be working in the afternoons (around 12-3 ish). It's neat that it's on a school schedule so we'll both have the weekends and holidays off. The pay is just around what we wanted too. I'm sad he has to go back to work, but I'm grateful that Luna had him at home for at least the first 7 months. Some kids don't even get 7 weeks of a stay at home parent. Plus, he'll only be gone a couple hours a day. My mom will be watching her otherwise.

3. It was my birthday!! Twenty-five was an awesome year. I'm not too fond of being another year closer to 30, however. I keep waiting to feel like an adult, it keeps not happening. I wasn't super pumped about my birthday this year. There are more important things. I am sad, however, that I no longer have health insurance. At least Obama let me keep it this long. Guess I'll just have to double up on my hand washing and avoid sick people at all costs. (This can be kind of hard when you're a nurse.)

4. Not so fun one: My job has been super stressful. I won't say this much on this one because I don't like to talk about work online, but I've been super stressed about it lately. I've even updated my resume (with some help from Mr. 246!) to perhaps look at some other places.

5. I've been doing my 365 Project, but I'm not going to update on here this week.

6. I took a diet break over my birthday weekend. I'm having a bit of difficulty getting back on track this week. I think I'm definitely looking at a gain for this week, even if I'm back on track for the rest of the week. No matter. I most definitely will be back on track next week.

There are some other "not so fun" things going on as well, but nothing fit for a blog. Plus, they aren't exactly  happening at 246 so I won't mention them here. So, I think I'm updated enough. I'll be sure to stay on top of things from now on. Now to update some of my other corners of the internet!

Goodnight!
-The Future Mrs. 246!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your engagement! How exciting!! That ring is beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Mr. 246 thanks you as well. I think he did a WONDERFUL job picking out the ring.

      Delete