1-Header1-Header-1-11-Header-1-21-Header-1-31-Header-1-41-Header-1-51-Header-1-61-Header-1-71-Header-1-81-Header-1-9

Thursday, August 15, 2013

30 Days of Lists!



Hey there! I've been MIA for a couple days but I've been busy with work and crafting, not wanting to take a blogging break, but I'm back! What have I been up to, you ask? Let me tell you about it!

I ran across "30 Days of Lists" on the internet and since I'm suddenly into paper-crafting type things lately I decided to join.

What is it? It's a site/group that you join that gives you a list prompt for every day for 30 days. You can make or group your lists in any way you please (digital, scrapbook, mini-books, ect) and there is a community aspect where you can share your lists and what you've created with other members of the 30 Days group through Facebook, Flickr, Instagram, or Twitter.

The creators "put on" the 30 days prompts twice a year. The next "session" is for September so members are revving up and getting their books and titles and everything set to start making lists for September. Past prompts having included things like "Weekly Rituals," "Least Favorite Words," or "Today I Saw..."

You can learn more by going to the site: 30 Days of Lists. 

If you'd like to see some other examples check out these boards on Pinterest or simply search for "#30lists" on Instagram.

----------------------------------------


How will I be making my #30 days lists? I have all the Project Life stuff so I'm going to incorporate mine into my PL book. I haven't decided whether I'll mix the lists within my September pictures and journaling or make a separate section for just the lists.

I'm trying not to buy anything additional for this project so I had a good look at my PL cards and decided I wanted something different. I had bought this 6x6 in mini pad of scrapbook papers on clearance last week (they're just so cheap and pretty!) so I decided I'd make cards out of that.


$1.97! Good, right? It's an "artist" themed pack so the colors are kind of paint themed and bright and colorful, which I love. I made a good mess on the dining room table cutting the pages up into 4x6 and 3x4 in cards:


 Then of course I sat there with my corner cutter and rounded all the corners. (I love how the rounded corners look...so finished!) The most important part is to watching Merlin while you craft. (I'm on a Merlin kick! I'll be sad when it's over.)


Look at all the pretty papers! I made way more 4x6's so I could have them or cut them in half if I needed them to be 3x4.


I couldn't wait to get started so I made my "title" card for the project...


I love the mish-mashiness of it. Nothing I have for papercrafting matches much so it's good I like things mis-matched. (It's the Weasley in me, I'm sure.) I got all the letters from my surprise pack that I got from Luna's day care provider. There were a lot to choose from.

I've never done any online-crafting group other than Craftster so I'm kind of excited! I feel so comfy at Craftster it's like branching out into a different city or something to be crafting with other people.

So...expect lots of posts come September to show off my lists! And please do consider joining! Do I have any other list-lovers out there? Sometimes I even have lists for my lists. I've never considered them an "art" or activity like this before, though.


Hope you're all well!

-Mrs. 246





4 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful! I love the colorful papers and the rounded corners--such an elegant touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It should be fun if I remember to do all 30 days! I can't wait to share them with people. :)

      Delete