1-Header1-Header-1-11-Header-1-21-Header-1-31-Header-1-41-Header-1-51-Header-1-61-Header-1-71-Header-1-81-Header-1-9

Saturday, August 10, 2013

It's a Crochet Murder Mystery!


Hello again...check out what I picked up at the bookstore tonight! Hooked on Murder: A Crochet Mystery. Hahahaha.

I don't really read mystery books. I haven't read one since my Nancy Drew days, but have you been to the "Mystery" section at the bookstores lately? I found myself in that section this evening and there is this huge sub-genre of crafty/hobby mystery books: knitting, crocheting, baking, books/reading. They all have hilarious names like Close Knit Killer (A Knitting Mystery) or Cookie Dough or Die (A Cookie Cutter Shop Mystery)

If you'd like to see more I found this list on GoodReads you can peruse!

I laughed all the way to the register. How silly and fun. I'll have to let you know how it is. It even includes a crochet pattern and a cake recipe at the end. I was hoping that the crochet pattern would be a the skull granny square like the cover but it's for a washcloth.

I only picked up one other thing at the bookstore:
    
Photo courtesy of Stampington.com
 The Autumn 2013 Artful Blogging magazine. In no way do I consider myself on their league. I don't take this blog very seriously, it's more of a hobby. These blogs in the magazine though....such eye-candy. So many pretty pictures and inspiring articles. Last Artful Blogging I read I found a bunch of new blogs for me to read. I'm sure this one will be the same.

Anyways, off to read and crochet for the evening! Maybe play some video games, maybe watch some more Merlin.

If anyone has read one of these crafty mystery books, I'd really like to hear about it. Hehe. It's just so silly I love it. Have a lovely Saturday night!

-Mrs. 246

No comments:

Post a Comment