1-Header1-Header-1-11-Header-1-21-Header-1-31-Header-1-41-Header-1-51-Header-1-61-Header-1-71-Header-1-81-Header-1-9

Friday, September 6, 2013

Day 6: Thirty Days of Lists

Day 6


I didn't really have much to say on the whole "Rules to Break" prompt. I suppose the last note on the list is the most meaningful to me. It's just silly to try to be awesome at everything mom/woman related. It's also exhausting. I'm much happier not trying to fufill every single "Super Mom" aspect. For example...mom/woman related things I suck at: getting dolled up daily (I don't even come close), doing all the household chores (we're pretty 50/50 around here), baking, cooking (I just don't care for it), being all fitness-y and healthy all the time (I get on health kicks every once in a while, but I'm not going to make myself miserable over it if I'm not being 100%).

Last week, a friend posted a link to an excellent blog post that you can read here. It's called "Mom vs. Mom: The War I Didn't See Coming" on the LovingMyLot blog that kind of touches on the topic. I don't feel quite as strongly as the author, but it's a good read and it made me laugh.

doggie bomb


Want to learn more about my list project/"30 Days of Lists"? Please visit my original post to learn more!

Want to see more lists? Search for the hashtag "#30lists" on Instagram or Pinterest to see more! Or you can go to the #30lists Flickr Group. And if you're a Twitter user, you can check out even more lists here.

-Mrs. 246
 

3 comments:

  1. I am with you on the last one too! I need to check out the post you recommended. I've really enjoyed all your list so far and you are so brave for sharing such personal thoughts a fears. I also have the fear of my dog dying....someone once told me that dogs were a heartbreak waiting to happen. So sad but true and totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good post! I'm glad you've enjoyed the lists. Pretty much before I post each list I have an instant fear reaction of going: "Am I really about to declare this to the world?!" But you know what? It feels GOOD and it's exciting. :)

      "Dogs are a heartbreak waiting to happen..." That makes me so sad. I've never had a dog die, we've had to give away dogs when we moved and things like that but I haven't had one die and I don't think I'm ready. (I've found out that the average lifespan of a chihuahua is 18 years so I may have a while, thank goodness.)

      Delete
  2. I love the way you did your list! So cute and creative!!

    ReplyDelete